Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
Over the past few years, apple cider vinegar has been growing in popularity with news of its vast health benefits. In addition to the many health advantages, apple cider vinegar is also a tasty addition to any drink…especially in the form of Cide>>Road organic switchel, in which apple cider vinegar is a key ingredient. Curious about the potential benefits of apple cider vinegar? We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites!
Regulate blood sugar. Diabetes Care published a study that analyzed people with type 2 diabetes. They found that when the people drank two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed with a snack, they had lower blood sugar the next morning.
Decrease of body fat. The Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry released a study of mice that were fed a high-fat diet with acetic acid. Acetic acid is a key ingredient found in apple cider vinegar. Results shows that the mice developed up to 10% less body fat with the inclusion of acetic acid into their diet.
If you’re ready and excited to try apple cider vinegar, here are a few options!
Cide>>Road Organic Switchel. Cide>>Road is the perfect companion to any adventure. The ingredients are simple and pure: apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, fresh ginger, filtered water, and cane syrup. It is available in three tasty flavors – Original Maple & Ginger, Blueberry, and Cherry.
- 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 ounces lettuce torn
- 2 medium apples diced small
- 2 medium carrots peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions, green and white parts
- 3 tablespoons canola
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Cide>>Road Organic Switchel – Original Maple & Ginger
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 5 grinds fresh black pepper
- ½ cup pepitas, toasted
- Combine the cabbage, lettuce, apples, carrots, cauliflower, and scallions in a large serving bowl and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and oil together until smooth. Add the sugar and mustard and whisk again. Add Cide>>Road Switchel, salt, and pepper until the whole mixture becomes one dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and add the pepitas into the bowl.
Husband and wife duo Kevin Duffy and Hilary LaForge cofounded Cide>>Road in 2014, after taking a detour down a “side road” on a trip to Vermont. They stopped at a local general store that sold its own switchel mixture. After tasting it, Kevin developed his own unique switchel blends and Cide>>Road Organic Switchel was born. Cide>>Road is made up of all certified organic ingredients including the core to any switchel (apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and ginger), filtered water and cane syrup. It is currently available in three flavors – the Original Maple & Ginger, Blueberry and Cherry.