Cide>>Road’s Yoga Pose of the Month
We at Cide>>Road love leading healthy, adventurous lifestyles. We have found Cide>>Road to be the perfect companion to any exercise class, including yoga. Practicing yoga can help lead to a positive mind and healthy body.
Here’s how you can get into the pose:
- Meditation. Begin your practice by sitting quietly in meditation. Listen to your breath and feel gratitude for the moment you are experiencing.
- Child’s pose. Come into child’s pose and soften your facial muscles.
- Cat-cow pose. Switch into cat-cow pose and go through a few rounds. Reverse the cycle and continue to breathe.
- Sun salutations. Do three rounds of sun salutations to continue warming your body up.
- Downward-facing dog. Move into downward-facing dog to give your body a full stretch.
- Warrior pose. Let your inner warrior shine in warrior pose one.
- Low lunge. Get back into downward dog and then transition into a low lunge.
- One-legged pigeon pose. Before getting into Mermaid Pose, get into one-legged king pigeon pose.
- Mermaid pose. Finally, you are ready to enter into Mermaid Pose. You will need to get into Pigeon Pose and then bend your right knee. Hold your right foot with your right hand and bring your left hand to your left thigh. From there, you can put your right foot on the inside of your right forearm. Then lift your left arm to grasp your right hand. You’ve now arrived in Mermaid Pose.
Husband and wife duo Kevin Duffy and Hilary LaForge cofounded Cide>>Road in 2014, after taking a detour down a “side road” on a trip to Vermont. They stopped at a local general store that sold its own switchel mixture. After tasting it, Kevin developed his own unique switchel blends and Cide>>Road Organic Switchel was born. Cide>>Road is made up of all certified organic ingredients including the core to any switchel (apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and ginger), filtered water and cane syrup. It is currently available in three flavors – the Original Maple & Ginger, Blueberry and Cherry.